MEDIA ALERT: Black Photojournalists and Wesley Lowery Take Center Stage at NAACP’S Arts Culture and Entertainment Festival
What: As part of the NAACP’s Arts and Culture Festival, CBS News Correspondent Wesley Lowery leads an illuminating conversation on the power of visual storytelling with award-winning Black photojournalists Brandon Bell and Michael Santiago of Getty Images, Joshua Lott of the Washington Post and former Director of White House Photography Sharon Farmer. Along with Lowery, the four photojournalists discuss their role in contributing to the visual narrative of the Black Lives Matter movement, share personal stories of documenting the 2020 uprisings, and provide insights into the historical significance of documenting news events.
- Wesley Lowery, CBS News Correspondent
- Brandon Bell, Getty Images Staff Photographer
- Michael Santiago, Getty Images Staff Photographer
- Joshua Lott, Washington Post Staff Photographer
- Sharon Farmer, Former White House Director of Photography
When: June 17 at 3 PM EST