Five Getty Images’ photographers honored by the White House News Photographers Association
9th February, 2015 – Getty Images photographer Win McNamee has been named ”Photographer of the Year” for the 2015 WHNPA Eyes of History Still Contest hosted by the White House News Photographers Association (WHNPA). McNamee was also awarded first prize in the Portfolio and Portrait categories, as well as second place for the Political Portfolio, Picture Story and International Picture Story categories.
“I feel incredibly honored to be named WHNPA Photographer of the Year and am so fortunate to work with such a talented team at Getty Images. My father, Wally McNamee, won this award four times during his career so I’ve still got some catching up to do,” said Win McNamee, Chief Photographer, Getty Images.
In addition to McNamee’s award, Getty Images dominated in several categories, taking home an impressive 18 awards in total, with four first place, five second place and two third place wins, as well as seven Awards of Excellence. Congratulations to Chip Somodevilla, Patrick Smith, Mark Wilson and Alex Wong for their outstanding achievements.
2015 WHNPA Eyes of History Still Contest – Getty Images’ Photographer Wins:
- Photographer of the Year – Win McNamee
- Portfolio, First Place – Win McNamee
- Portrait/Personality, First Place & Award of Excellence – Win McNamee
- Feature, First Place – Alex Wong
- Feature, Award of Excellence – Patrick Smith
- Political Portfolio, Second Place – Win McNamee
- Political Portfolio, Award of Excellence – Chip Somodevilla
- Sport Action, Second Place – Patrick Smith
- Picture Story/Politics, Second Place – Win McNamee
- Picture Story International, Second Place – Win McNamee
- Picture Story International, Award of Excellence – Chip Somodevilla
- Picture Story Sports, Second Place – Patrick Smith
- Sports Feature/Reaction, Third Place – Patrick Smith
- Insider Washington, Third Place – Win McNamee
- International News, Award of Excellence – Chip Somodevilla
- Presidential, Award of Excellence – Chip Somodevilla
- Domestic News, Award of Excellence – Mark Wilson
About Getty Images
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media. Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com/. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.